Monday 16 April 2007

"Just a 10K run" turns into this.

We were sitting in the restaurant at Ratho (Climbing Centre). We had had our usual. A glass of wine and gnocchi. Perfect pre-climbing fodder. A form was thrust under my nose. Sign this. Write a cheque. You are going to do the glasgow womens 10K run. "Am I? .. really? .....

but ... I was removed from the ballet class when I was seven for lack of co-ordination ..... and ..... when the list went up at school for the netball teams A and B and reserves for our "house" there was just one girl who didnt even make the B team 3rd reserve.... So I am just not sure running a 10K run is something I was meant for."

But somehow Jacs has this infectious enthusiasm and before you know it I am four 10K runs down, a novice triathlon and now just completed my second adventure race...

No comments: