Thursday 12 April 2007

The next day!!!!!

Well a hour and a half cycle and i wake up in pain, in fact no, I wake up unable to move! Is this good for you, well apparently so. Even my osteopath tells me so! Back to how i felt....unable to walk, sit or lie, in excrutiating pain. The only thing for it, stay in bed and feel sorry for myself. This comes in the form of ' i will be in a wheelchair soon, I will not even be able to leave my flat....stuck here and i will never see anyone again!'

Anyway a few hours later, all is much better. YOGA! It's the way forward don't you know! I have been going regulary now since january and i still cannot touch my toes, but i do feel great afterwards. And that is what matters isn't it?

So i am back in a positive frame of mind, yep, gonna come last for our first adventure race of the season and then be competitve in September. That was my proposal to Sally a few weeks ago, taking into account i spent the whole of february laid up not even able to tie my own shoelaces (bad back you see, do you remember the pain part at the beginning? ). This is the part you feel sympathy for me, and agree that even just taking part is good because that really is what it is all about. Well that is untill you bring Sally into the equation, you see she is not very good at 'just taking part!' She wants to win....GULP!....At the moment i am just wondering how i am even going to manage to be active for 5hrs???????? OOOHH and not only that, now she has joined Columbia SALT there is more pressure, because now we are not allowed to just do the race on Sat. We now have to be very strategic so that we can still do well, oh and if that is not enough, because we are not doing the kayak (bad back you see) we are going to do the bit where you run up the hills...COUGH, because apparently that will make up the points for us. ONLY THING IS WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD AT MAP READING, not a problem for us because, you see, Sally and I are a fantastic team, and weeee will overcome ALL together.

Bet you now cannot wait to hear our race report!